Re: Our use of the "fixed" tag in debbugs

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Our use of the "fixed" tag in debbugs
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 09:44:07 +0200

    Stefan> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
    >>> Currently, bugs are unfortunately just left open and untagged, which
    >>> means that it can take a long time before someone goes back, tediously
    >>> re-reads everything, and then closes it.  Using this tag more often
    >>> could save quite a bit of time, I hope.
    >>
    >> Tagging is tedious: you need to BCC the control address, you need to
    >> type the line without making a mistake, etc.  It's so much easier to
    >> just close the bug.

    Stefan> Indeed, it's a hassle.  Perhaps it would help to have a command for
this
    Stefan> in `message-mode' much like `debbugs-gnu-make-control-message'?  Or
    Stefan> perhaps such a thing already exist?

I have a keybinding that does:

     (re-search-forward "[Bb]ug#[0-9]" nil t)
     (call-interactively #'gnus-read-ephemeral-bug-group)
     (debbugs-gnu-summary-mode 1)

You can then do 'C' and 'E' to send/make control messages.

Hmm, it might even work to just do

(debbugs-gnu-summary-mode)

when reading the debbugs list, rather than having to create the
ephemeral group for a specific bug.

Robert