Re: Our use of the "fixed" tag in debbugs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Our use of the "fixed" tag in debbugs
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2021 14:21:41 +0300

> From: Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se>
> Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 13:27:04 -0400
>
> We currently use the debbugs "fixed" tag almost exclusively in this way:
>
>     tags NNN fixed
>     close NNN 29.1
>     thanks
>
> This is fine by me, no change needed here.  There is a slight
> duplication in that we say that it's fixed twice, but that's minor.

Btw, "close NNN XX.YY" doesn't mark the bug as "done", see
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=51029#8 as one example.
This is a problem, because the fact the bug was closed isn't visible
when looking at the first screen of what the browser shows when you
display the bug.

So I think using "close" instead of NNN-done@debbugs.gnu.org should be
discouraged.