Re: Elisp LSP Server

From: Ag Ibragimov
Subject: Re: Elisp LSP Server
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 03:04:35 -0500

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 12:29:31AM -0500, Ag Ibragimov wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> I don't know if you know this, but Emacs Lisp is probably one of the
>> most popular Lisps out there hosted on GitHub and Gitlab [...]
>
> You could start your little contribution by reversing the order above
> (e.g. "Gitlab and Github". Or even better: Codeberg, Sourcehut, Gitlab
> and so on).

I was stating the fact I know. I don't know for sure if other Git Forges
do contain more Elisp than, for example, Common Lisp.

> See, Microsoft has at last recognised it can't beat free software in
> a direct confrontation ("cancer" remember?). So it is now engaged in
> a war of perception. Git is not Git anymore (a decentralised VCS),
> but Github [2]. And so on. Accompanied by that "we really, honestly
> love Open Source [1], promised".

I am not in disagreement with everyone saying that GitHub is
bad. Microsoft's acquisition of it has made things even worse. It was as
if the Vatican would've announced that they'd be now in charge of
running CERN, but firmly assured everyone that all existing and future
projects would continue, and the LCH remains an independent research
organization.

> Now I don't think I'd want to deliberately make Microsoft's user's
> (or anyone's) lives deliberately harder. That would not only be highly
> unfair, it would also be engaging in the very same misbehaviour we
> rightfully denounce the non-free side for.

I do agree with that 100%.