Re: Indentation of def*

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Indentation of def*
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 12:06:58 -0700

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> If it's a heuristic that worked (at least, AFAIR) in Emacs 18, then I'm
> usually inclined to trust it.  (And I considered it smart at the time,
> when I first discovered it).

It's clearly not smart enough though, and fails in some cases.

I don't see how you could design a heuristic that won't fail, so better
than emacs-lisp-mode silently trying to fix this in a "smart" way (that
leads to some surprising results) is to force the user to be explicit
about her expectations.  That's a step forward, IMO.