Re: Indentation of def*

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Indentation of def*
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 09:50:38 +0300

> From: Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 17:50:18 -0700
> Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > That would be a step backwards, at least without a grace period for all
> > the code out there to adjust.
>
> I don't think it's a bad idea to announce this change as planned for
> Emacs 29.1 in the Emacs 28.1 NEWS file.

We don't make such announcements in NEWS.  That file describes the
changes actually done in the version with which it comes.  If there
_is_ a change we make in preparation for some future action, then we
can indeed tell that in NEWS.  But not as a "future NEWS" without any
anchor in the current release: that's a slippery slope, because we
might as well change our minds in various ways before the next
release.