Re: input-pending-p after make-frame-visible

From: Aaron Jensen
Subject: Re: input-pending-p after make-frame-visible
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 07:30:15 -0400

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 3:05 AM martin rudalics <rudalics@gmx.at> wrote:

>  > Ah. Is/should help event be excluded as well by default?
>
> Does it fix anything on your side when you append it to
> 'while-no-input-ignore-events'?  If it does, we can add it to the
> default and look whether it breaks things for someone else.

It's already there, but it doesn't appear to be effective with either
while-no-input or input-pending-p. Here's an updated repro:

(defvar mini-frame-frame nil)

(defun repro ()
  (interactive)
  (setq mini-frame-frame
        (or mini-frame-frame
            (make-frame `((parent-frame . ,(selected-frame))))))
  (message "input-pending-p before: %S" (input-pending-p))
  (while-no-input
    (message "NO INPUT BEFORE"))

  (make-frame-visible mini-frame-frame)

  (message "input-pending-p after: %S" (input-pending-p))
  (while-no-input
    (message "NO INPUT AFTER"))
  (make-frame-invisible mini-frame-frame))

(global-set-key (kbd "C-x C-x") 'repro)

What does the help-echo event do exactly?

Aaron