Re: input-pending-p after make-frame-visible

From: Aaron Jensen
Subject: Re: input-pending-p after make-frame-visible
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 10:45:12 -0400

On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 10:16 AM Aaron Jensen <aaronjensen@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 3:54 AM martin rudalics <rudalics@gmx.at> wrote:
> >
> >  > It's already there, but it doesn't appear to be effective with either
> >  > while-no-input or input-pending-p. Here's an updated repro:
> >
> > You could try to report the values of 'unread-command-events',
> > 'unread-post-input-method-events' and 'unread-input-method-events' in
> >
> > (message "input-pending-p after: %S" (input-pending-p))
>
> I know 19 (help event) is pending from a patch I have to report what is
> pending:

I wonder if the problem is just that `input-pending-p' does not
respect `while-no-input-ignore-events'? `while-no-input' actually uses
`input-pending-p' before it even attempts to run the body:

          (setq val (or (input-pending-p)
                 (progn ,@body)))

I think that `readable_events' needs to be modified to do exactly what
`kbd_buffer_store_buffered_event' does with regard to ignoring events
if `READABLE_EVENTS_FILTER_EVENTS' is set.

I have no idea why `USE_TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS' is considered when
determining whether or not to require `READABLE_EVENTS_FILTER_EVENTS'
when filtering out the focus events. I imagine that that focus event
filtering could be replaced with a check against
`while-no-input-ignore-events'

Does that make sense?

Aaron