Re: Entering emojis

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Entering emojis
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 15:34:09 -0700

> I don't know transient innards well, but I think it's basically just
> doing a read-char-like thing.  I.e., it's modal.  So cursor movement
> would be counter to the general gist of how it's supposed to work.

My idea is not that you should put point in the transient window and
navigate it as a regular buffer, but that the arrow keys would highlight
different emojis somehow, and that you can then press RET to insert the
highlighted one.  In this scenario, point would stay in the window you
ran `emoji-insert' from, just as before.  If that makes sense.

So I don't think it necessarily runs contrary to the fact that
transient.el is supposed to be modal.  Or maybe I'm missing something.

> It kinda looks like a special buffer, but that's not the general UX of
> it, I think.
>
> Does Magit list the `C-g' binding?

Nope.  So it might just be me, but I can see some users not generalizing
the knowledge of "C-g works everywhere" to "surely it works at this
screen that looks quite different to everything else, too".  Maybe?
I'm not sure.