Re: Entering emojis

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Re: Entering emojis
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 11:32:49 +0200

> I've never used transient before this, so I don't quite understand what
> you're saying here.  🤨

I have used transient a lot in the context of magit, where each
transient command gets a bunch of "arguments" that you can save
permanently, thereby saving you the trouble of giving common options
such as "--graph", "--decorate" and the like everytime you want to run
"git log".

Here, lemme try something…

*bangs head on keyboard for an hour*

OK, see attached.  With M-x emoji-pick, you can now

- hit "-s" to pick your favourite skin tone,
- hit "C-x C-s" to save it (to ~/.emacs.d/transient/values.el),
- insert emoji,
- on subsequent M-x emoji-pick, you no longer need to pick a skin tone,
- you can still hit "-s" occasionally to unset the tone, and a second
  time to pick a different one,
- you get minibuffer history with M-p.

Note that I have never written transients in my life before (not with
that level of complexity anyway), so I'm sure my implementation is all
manners of uncouth.