Re: Tweaking the output of `C-h b'

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Tweaking the output of `C-h b'
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 21:39:12 -0700

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Round orange squares do not fit in nicely at all!  Is there any reason
> the pixmaps used for the arrows in Custom buffers couldn't be used
> instead?

At a first glance, I sort of like having the colorful orange/yellow
symbol there.  It makes it clear that there is something there that can
be expanded, and it stands out as clickable, etc.  OTOH, it is a bit
noisy, so I'm not against finding a tidier solution.

The symbols used in customize are okay, but are far too inconspicuous
even there, I think.  Or it might just seem that way because the
customize interface in general is clunkier with regards to navigation --
for example you don't have "n"/"p" going to the next and previous entry.

Perhaps a discrete "+" or "-" sign could do the job, as here,

https://code.visualstudio.com/assets/docs/editor/codebasics/folding.png