Re: Unicode confusables and reordering characters considered harmful, a

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Unicode confusables and reordering characters considered harmful, a simple solution
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2021 11:48:34 +0200

> Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2021 11:19:14 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Cc: juri@linkov.net, cpitclaudel@gmail.com, stefan@marxist.se,
>  emacs-devel@gnu.org, db48x@db48x.net, monnier@iro.umontreal.ca,
>  yuri.v.khan@gmail.com
>
> I don't see even that bar on the image you posted, not sure why.
>
> Anyway, for making these characters stand out, one would need to use a
> color that is more prominent than light gray, probably some shade of
> red.

I stand corrected: as long as these controls are displayed as a
1-pixel thin space, they indeed cannot have any color, because there's
no area we can fill with the background color on display, it's just a
single thin line.  Only with other methods of displaying glyphless
characters the different face or color will be visible.