Re: Unicode confusables and reordering characters considered harmful, a

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Unicode confusables and reordering characters considered harmful, a simple solution
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 02:58:30 +0700

On Thu, 4 Nov 2021 at 02:46, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> ??? Of course, it will make it more visible: if the face has a
> distinct background.  The "thin space" display looks like whitespace,
> and whitespace can have background color to make it stand out.

We could, in principle, say red is for LTR, blue is for RTL, and green
is for pop, and various shades and tints are for embedding and
override and isolate, and try to remember this mapping in addition to
remembering the embedding/override/isolate semantics, but some of us
will just prefer glyphs and deal with the occasional misalignment, and
also will someone please think of the colorblind.