RE: [External] : Re: `M-x yank-media'

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: `M-x yank-media'
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2021 03:05:11 +0000

> > I've now finally added a framework for meaningfully yanking
> > non-plain-text selections into Emacs.
>
> Finally fantastic, thank you very much, I waited for this!

Somewhat related (not media, but not text-yanking either):

* With `highlight.el', you can copy (`M-w' on the highlight
  keymap) text properties from some text and yank (`C-y' on
  the same keymap) them onto some other text.

* With Bookmark+ you can copy (`c' in the bookmark-tags
  keymap) and yank/paste tags from one bookmark to others
  - either paste-adding (`p') or paste-replacing (`q').

(You can also do those things with a mouse.)

The general idea of copy/paste could no doubt be put to
advantage in yet more ways in Emacs.  Copy something from
something and add it to, or replace, something in
something else.