Re: XInput 2 support (again)

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: XInput 2 support (again)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 08:26:03 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Is there a middle-term plan to get rid of the current copy (replaced by
>> the XInput2 copy)?

> I don't know enough about developments in the X world to have an
> opinion regarding whether we should have such a plan.  If we decide we
> should, we need then look for a volunteer to do the job.

XInput2 is unavailable on some older X servers, some of which only
support 1.1, which is utterly useless for our purposes.  People also
like to turn it off over remote connections because they think it takes
up more bandwidth than Core Input.

So XInput 2 support should remain optional (not only at compile-time,
but also at runtime on a per-display basis).

Thanks.