Re: ispell.el and pipes

From: tomas
Subject: Re: ispell.el and pipes
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 12:27:44 +0100

On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 12:08:10PM +0100, Robert Pluim wrote:

[...]

> Saying 'how to deal with the idiosyncrasies of the gatekeepers of
> community' when engaging in a disagreement with Eli comes across as ad
> hominem to me. If Iʼm mistaken I apologise.

It is, at least unnecessarily loaded.

>     André> The issue is different.  Time is spent writing and explaining your
> point
>     André> of view.  Sadly, little effort is actually put on understanding.
> It's
>     André> easy to evade a conversation, but disrespectful.  At the end of
> the day,
>     André> the sacred gatekeepers have the final word.
>
> And again: 'sacred gatekeepers'. Nobody here is sacred, and theyʼre
> not 'gatekeepers'. That word has taken on a very negative connotation
> in recent years.

I think this negative connotation is intended.

And "...little effort is actually...". That's, I think, provably false.

Perhaps André is frustrated that the process takes more time and
involvement he hoped for, and this is understandable, but trying to
put all the blame at someone else's doorstep isn't credible to me.

Cheers
 - t