Re: ispell.el and pipes

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: ispell.el and pipes
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 14:48:56 +0200

> From: André A. Gomes <andremegafone@gmail.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 23:40:45 +0300
>
> What speller do you use, if I may ask?

I'm a long-time and happy user of Hunspell.

> > Is it even possible to select, i.e. type, a characters that is above
> > ?~???

It _is_ possible to select it, but maybe inconvenient, and showing
such "characters" could maybe confuse (if we ever get to showing so
many candidates: e.g., Hunspell limits the number of suggestions to
just 15, AFAICT).  So if you or someone else wants to submit patches
to skip all the codepoints between 128 and 160, I'm okay with that.

> On another subject, I wonder what would be worth to burn cycles on.

We record that in etc/TODO.

> And how to deal with the idiosyncrasies of the gatekeepers of this
> community.

Either live with them or replace them?