Re: GStreamer xwidget

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: GStreamer xwidget
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 12:21:55 +0800

"T.V Raman" <raman@google.com> writes:

> So this takes away the primary reason why one spends all one's time in
> emacs; it's because all information in Emacs is manipulable as text and
> more importantly as structured information with a bit of work, eg
> specialized modes.

The GStreamer widget doesn't display text, it only displays media.  Just
as we support displaying images and such inside buffers.

If eventually it gains support for subtitles, then they will be sent to
Lisp code as an xwidget event, and not displayed on top of the widget.

So please explain why you think this is different from an image spec,
and more specifically an animated image.

> I sincerely hope Emacs doesn't go down that rathole  as well.

It's not a rathole.