Org tests in Emacs (was: emacs-28 b8b2dd1: Update to Org 9.5.1-11-g96d91

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Org tests in Emacs (was: emacs-28 b8b2dd1: Update to Org 9.5.1-11-g96d91b)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 09:31:59 +0100

Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com> writes:

Hy Kyle,

>> Btw, Org's test suite is huge IIRC. Would it make sense to merge this
>> also to Emacs? At least the CI/CD test runs on hydra and emba could use
>> them, I believe.
>
> Yes, I think that makes sense, though I probably won't have time to look
> into it very soon.  Aside from potential code adjustments that may be
> necessary, I suppose copyright assignments need to be checked.  Most of
> the test files list individuals as copyright holders.  At a glance, I'm
> not confident that all the authors have paperwork on file.

I see. Maybe we could start iteratively? That means, adapt the test
files where's no copyright problem, and bring them to Emacs git. For the
other files, we will contact the authors, and bring them to Emacs case
by case, when the copyright has been fixed.

If needed, I could help you. Just tell me.

Btw, you could runn all tests under test/lisp/org by

make -C test check-lisp-org

And the dust on emba.gnu.org settled. That is, whenever there is a
change in either lisp/org/*.el or test/lisp/org/*.el, all tests under
test/lisp/org/*.el will run automatically, as regression test. An extra
bonus, isn't it?

See <https://emba.gnu.org/emacs/emacs/-/pipelines>

Best regards, Michael.