Re: Proportional fonts in the mode line (one month test)

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Proportional fonts in the mode line (one month test)
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 15:08:07 +0000

On Wednesday,  1 Dec 2021 at 22:00, Yuri Khan wrote:
> Are you sure your font actually has a bold weight? It looks like
> synthetic bold in the screenshot.

No idea but could very well be that it doesn't have such.  Not sure how
to check.  The whole font side of Emacs is much of a mystery to me.  I
just seem to have fallen into using some fonts along the way...

As already noted in this thread, it will be useful for a set of fonts to
be suggested to users but this is difficult due to the different
availability on different operating systems.  I would welcome
suggestions for proportional fonts, available for Debian, that would
work well in conjunction with JuliaMono as the monospaced font...

--
Eric S Fraga with org 9.5.1 in Emacs 29.0.50 on Debian 11.1