Re: Variable for Confirming Killing a Buffer

From: Oliver Taylor
Subject: Re: Variable for Confirming Killing a Buffer
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 15:25:49 -0800

> On Dec 2, 2021, at 2:41 PM, Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Oliver Taylor <olivertaylor@me.com> writes:
>
>> Now, doing (setq-local buffer-confirm-kill t) will prevent accidental data
>> loss.
>
> Could you describe the scenario(s) under which you have experienced
> accidental data loss in more detail?  Which modes were you using?

I create new buffers all the time to cleanup text from outside Emacs, or simply
as an easy way to quickly jot something down. Those buffers are easy to forget
about and lose if you quit Emacs without remembering to save them.

There are also a number of scratch buffer packages which also might benefit
from this.