Re: Variable for Confirming Killing a Buffer

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Variable for Confirming Killing a Buffer
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 22:35:43 +0100

> This reminds me of emacs-lock.el.  Maybe that package could be improved
> where necessary?

Ah, I didn't know about that package at all.  Reading the doc strings,
it seems like it does everything discussed here (and more):

;; This package defines a minor mode Emacs Lock to mark a buffer as
;; protected against accidental killing, or exiting Emacs, or both.
;; Buffers associated with inferior modes, like shell or telnet, can
;; be treated specially, by auto-unlocking them if their inferior
;; processes are dead.