Re: msys2 build path problems + copy-paste english results in chinese ch

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: msys2 build path problems + copy-paste english results in chinese characters
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 09:16:50 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com>
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 23:39:23 +0100
>>
>> > So M-w followed by C-y works.  What doesn't work?
>> I pasted it with the middle mouse button; so now when you asked, I should
>> probably say oups :-). It was many months of X11 and very few sessions in
>> win32
>> environment.
>
> I don't think I understand the "oups" part: does it mean you figured
> out what caused the problem?

I took the "oups" part back. There seem to be some true problem here, if it is
my setup, windows or emacs, I don't know.

I have been back to windows now, and got server/dameon to work again, paths
fixed etc. Then I have experienced something I think is a bug and wanted to
test it in a clean Emacs, so I started new instance with -Q option. I copied
text from my customized Emacs with by marking text and using kill-ring-save
(M-w). In clean Emacs I pasted it with yank (C-y) and result came out
completely scrambled, screenshot included.

Also to comment on the "oups" part; I pasted (by routine forgetting I am in
windows), with middle mouse button, text that I previously marked. Later I
realised that windows does not support copy-paste with midle mouse button as X11
does, so oups was referring to that.

Regarding what I think is bug; I can't make a frame from elisp if I pass in both
width and height. This code gives me "memory exhausted .." error (C stack
overflow?):

(defvar emw--frame nil)

(let ((w (display-pixel-width))
      (h (display-pixel-height)))
        (setq emw--frame (make-frame
                          `((width . ,w)
                            (height . ,h)
                            (visibility . t)
                            (auto-raise . nil)
                            (skip-taskbar . t)
                            (no-focus-on-map . t)
                            (no-accept-focus . t)
                            (undecorated . t)
                            (unsplittable . t)
                            (z-group . below)
                            (no-other-frame . t)
                            (minibuffer . nil)
                            (tool-bar-lines . 0)
                            (menu-bar-lines . 0)
                            (left-fringe . 0)
                            (right-fringe . 0)
                            (border-width . 0)
                            (internal-border-width . 0)
                            (vertical-scroll-bars . nil)
                            (horizontal-scroll-bars . nil)))))

If I comment out either width or height parameter in parameter list, than it
works fine, but if I pass in both as above than I get the error. I haven't
tested
with -Q so I'll wait to report as a bug.