Re: Enabling native compilation by default when libgccjit is present

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: Enabling native compilation by default when libgccjit is present
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 09:08:18 -0800

Note also that there isn't a 1:1 correspondence between bytecomp
warnings, ie when going from el->elc vs native comp ie when going  from
el->eln.

To ensure equivalence  I believe we need to go from elc->eln.

The emacs dev contract (implicit) has always been el->elc and developers
 should feel responsible for fixing el->elc warnings. But given the
 large number of already launched packages, changing that contract now
 to say developers should fix el->eln warnings is unlikely to succeed
 in the large.

--

Thanks,

?7?4 Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  ?0?8