Re: sqlite3

From: Alexandre Garreau
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 09:49:01 +0100

Le lundo, 13-a de decembro 2021, 4-a horo kaj 44:16 CET Richard Stallman a écrit :

> [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]

> [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]

>   > You probably have several of them on your computer -- it's pretty

>   > hard

>   > to not, these days.  "find / -name '*.sqlite" will give you a list.

> I did that in /etc, /usr and /lib.  The only file it found was called

> README.sqlite.  It was a text file.

They should have suggested you to look in your home, as these are portable files created dynamically by programs, they have no place in places you mentioned.  Maybe they would in /var, but most of the time they’re used to contain user data, of unprivileged programs, hence only in home dirs

Here what I did: find  ~/.local -name *.sqlite

And I found /home/gal/.local/share/Mumble/Mumble/mumble.sqlite

which you should most likely have, since on my computer it still includes indirect traces of a past discussion with you (don’t worry: only the server that was used), I’m attaching it

> Instead of insisting I don't need this small favor, would you please

> email me an sqlite3 database file, as an attachment?  Preferably

> a rather simple example.

The sad thing is this file is small but also, imho, contains essentially useless data, so it’s not very easy to understand…  Now the sqlite databases I’ve always known of are in ~/.mozilla but they contain pretty sensitive information (history, passwords, etc.) but since you sometimes use firefox you may already have it as well, and look at yours