Re: Contradictiory directions

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Contradictiory directions
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 14:01:32 +0300

On 16.12.2021 10:13, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

 From my POV, GCC is a better compiler, by a large measure, for
languages that I use and on platforms that I care about.  As a user of
a compiler, I don't care about its architecture, I care about its
features, its usefulness during development, and the code it produces.
And Clang is way behind on these, from my POV.  And don't get me
started on other LLVM members, like the debugger.

All popular code assistance tools use Clang (code completion, navigation, etc). Even people who will deploy with GCC, if they want completion, have to install Clang.

And it's catching up performance-wise.

If that doesn't worry you, it should.