Re: sqlite3

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 23:41:12 -0500

  > > When we want to preserve EQ-ness, we can do that by binding
  > > print-circle to t when converting the Lisp data to text.  When we're
  > > not preserving EQ-ness, when and how does it make a difference in ((a
  > > . b) (a . b)) whether the two elements are EQ?

  > If you're printing a structure, it's nice to have a promise that the
  > structure you get back has the same structure.

That's what I'd call "perserving EQ-ness" (within the structure).
And that is what you would get by binding print-circle to t before
printing the data.

Given that we already offer print-circle, why do we need to worry
further about this issue?  Is there really a need for some other
option intermediate between print-circle = t and print-circle = nil?