Re: Platform independent graphical display for Emacs

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Platform independent graphical display for Emacs
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 14:43:33 +0800

> Yes, but I expect more from Emacs than from other editors.

How about we extend the existing menus to do whatever couldn't be done
before, which presumably compelled you to ask this question?

> I don't really understand your argument here; I see a significant
> difference between widgets and frames.

If we implemented some kind of popup widget, it would probably be
implemented similarly to child frames.

> I meant that the menus would likely be global on macOS.  I think you
> will agree that they would not complain about that.

I'm fine by that then, but that means we won't be able to draw the menus
ourselves (it is actually not possible under NS).

Thanks.