Re: On Contributing To Emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: On Contributing To Emacs
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 23:51:29 -0500

  > - The CLA signing process is inexplicably slow and opaque.

Some projects use a document that they call a "CLA".  We ask for a
copyright assignment.  It is a legal document, and to make it suitable
to rely on in court, we want it to be properly signed.
Thus we follow legal advice from lawyers.

However, this process has speeded up greatly in the past couple or
years.  If you don't get a reply in two weeks, you should ask again,
and in another two weeks, please tell the Emacs maintainers.  We will
get things moving.