Re: On Contributing To Emacs

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: On Contributing To Emacs
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 07:09:38 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> This is a horse that has been beaten to death.  The problems with the
> DCO are well-known and documented.  The projects that switched to it
> are gambling their future on what they believe is "good enough"
> without any proof,

I hope you are incorrect, otherwise free software as a whole is lost,
especially those projects that do not even have a DCO (which I would
advocate for).

>  like a driver that crosses on red light because he
> sees no other vehicle coming.

I think this significantly exaggerates the problems with using a DCO.

> This is a tangent, so please continue discussing it on emacs-tangents,
> not here.

Let's not side-track the discussion it by turning it into a
meta discussion about where it should be held.  I posted to emacs-devel,
and it is fine if any replies are sent here as well.