Re: On Contributing To Emacs

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: On Contributing To Emacs
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 14:33:04 +1100

dick <dick.r.chiang@gmail.com> writes:

> TC> In fact, I would go so far as to say many developers make very poor
> TC> lawyers.
>
> Well, which is it?  You disclaim legal know-how while simultaneously
> claiming to know what it takes to be a lawyer.

TO keep it simple, legal advice from developers is worth about as much
as programming advice from lawyers. Any arguments from developers on
this list regarding how the FSF should or should not manage the legal
question of copyright are pointless. I also agree with ELi and think
this topic should be redirected to the tangents list as well, so won't
respond further.