Re: [External] : emacs-28 windows binaries available from alpha

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Re: [External] : emacs-28 windows binaries available from alpha
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 16:50:17 -0600

o/ Dieter

On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 7:36 AM Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org> wrote:

> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
> >
> > Fine with me, please install on the release branch.  But please add
> > there a comment explaining why we do this, and mention that it's for
> > MS-Windows (you can take the text from the comment I wrote for my
> > comp.c patch, which will now not be needed).
>
> Done with 202d3be873.

This change is now reflected in the binaries in the
with-native-compilation folder of the scratch repo[1][2] - I will
update alpha with this set unless I've heard back that I shouldn't (or
that I should wait) within a day or two.

>From my limited testing, they look good.  I tried the ERT tests from
etc/w32-feature.el as well as Drew's original report scenario.

[1] clone or www - https://git.sr.ht/~mplscorwin/emacs-w64
[2] wget or www -
https://git.sr.ht/~mplscorwin/emacs-w64/blob/master/with-native-compilation/emacs-28.0.91.zip