Re: native-comp write path?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: native-comp write path?
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 14:40:10 -0500

>> Or is XDG's cache not expected to survive a login session?
> I think it can disappear when you log off.

Ah... if that's the case, then indeed it's a poor choice for eln-cache.
I can't seem to find clear docs about it.

I see mentions of "equivalent to /var/cache", which would work well for
us since `/var/cache` is normally never cleared even after a reboot.
`ls -R ~/.cache` shows I have files from 2020 in my `.cache` even though
I rebooted this machine 2 months ago.

So empirically, it doesn't seem inappropriate on my (Debian +
XFCE4) system.

        Stefan