Re: Include which-key.el in the Emacs distribution

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: Include which-key.el in the Emacs distribution
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 14:34:55 +0530

> What I would be more interested in is to add optional support for C-h to
> continue a command prefix, so that if I want to know what keys a keymap
> provides, I can request it immediately without waiting for the idle
> timer to trigger a often too small popup window, without loosing the
> partial input.

I’ve enabled default settings of which-key. And that is good enough, at
least for me, so that it pops up on those rare occasions when my muscle
memory is not able to recall something.

But "Manual Activation" feature is available in "which-key". Following
section of README file explains it briefly:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
;; Allow C-h to trigger which-key before it is done automatically
(setq which-key-show-early-on-C-h t)
;; make sure which-key doesn't show normally but refreshes quickly after it is
;; triggered.
(setq which-key-idle-delay 10000)
(setq which-key-idle-secondary-delay 0.05)
(which-key-mode)

;; This will prevent which-key from showing automatically, and allow
;; you to use C-h in the middle of a key sequence to show the which-key
;; buffer and keep it open for the remainder of the key sequence.
#+end_src