Re: [ELPA] package proposal: fannypack.el

From: Theodor Thornhill
Subject: Re: [ELPA] package proposal: fannypack.el
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 22:11:13 +0100

> I had to look up the Wikipedia page
> (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanny_pack) because I wasn't sure what
> the word meant, and it mentions the word is considered "vulgar slang" in
> the UK, Ireland and Australia.

Point absolutely taken.  Where I'm from it's merely seen as a uncool
thing to wear.  Yet noone can argue its practicality.  Name is changed
to satchel.

> Of course these are just suggestions, the package seems otherwise very
> interesting.

Thanks!  It really is useful - at least the 'satchel-feeling-lucky'
command, which takes me to the most important file in an arbitrary
project, even from a newly loaded emacs session. (If a satchel is
previously defined, that is).

The new repo is to be found at https://git.sr.ht/~theo/satchel

All the best,
Theo