Re: master af0ea35ea0: Tweak how functions are formatted in Implementati

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: master af0ea35ea0: Tweak how functions are formatted in Implementation in *Help*
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2022 15:22:18 +0200

>> Is it worth applying `upcase' to the (nth 1 info) so the result looks
>> more like C-h f output?
>
> If so, we should be careful to only apply it to the argnames but not to
> the specializers since these are case sensitive.

Yup.  But, yes, I think it would make sense to upcase/italicize the
argnames, because that would clarify what we're talking about here
(which isn't at all obvious).  Patches welcome.

> The above patch also leads to odd results for methods with qualifiers.
> E.g. `C-h o cl-generic-generalizers RET` shows things like:
>
>     :extra "cl-struct" (cl-generic-generalizers type) in ‘cl-generic.el’.
>
>     Undocumented
>
> which I find rather confusing.

I've now made those things display as before, but I think it's not quite
clear what that part is trying to express, so some clarification here
would be nice.