Re: Visiting a set of files listed in a file

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Visiting a set of files listed in a file
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 13:01:53 +0200 (CEST)

> Il 09/04/2022 12:40 Eli Zaretskii ha scritto:
>

> > Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 12:15:36 +0200 (CEST)
> > From: Angelo Graziosi
> > Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

> > > Something like
> > >
> > >   emacs `cat FILE`
> > >
> > > I guess.
> >
> > Oh, yes but it works on unix-like systems. And on Windows? I assume to run
> > some command from DOS prompt.. Which command?
>
> On Windows, you write a batch file that converts the file's contents
> into a list of file names, then invokes Emacs with that list of file
> names.

It's not very practical...

> > If I run the above from MSYS2 shell there is a mismatch with the HOME
> > directory and consequently where Emacs reads the init file and where it
> > saves the desktop file..
>
> What do you mean by "mismatch with HOME directory"?

For MSYS2 the HOME is /home/USER (C:\msys2inst\home\USER) for Emacs the HOME is
in APPDATA\Roaming, or not?

In any case I found this discussion:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43225925/windows-cmd-pass-output-of-one-command-as-parameter-to-another

from which I deduced this command:

for /F "usebackq delims=" %A in (`type list-of-buffers`) do
C:\\Emacs\bin\emacs.exe %A

With it I have to close Emacs N times (it restarts automatically), where N is
the number of file listed. The thing is just _tedious - epsilon_..

I think you should simplify this allowing to do this also inside Emacs wint an
"M-x ..." command.