Re: Visiting a set of files listed in a file

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Visiting a set of files listed in a file
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 13:29:51 +0200 (CEST)

> Il 09/04/2022 13:10 Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> ha scritto:
>

> > Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 13:01:53 +0200 (CEST)
> > From: Angelo Graziosi <angelo.g0@libero.it>
> > Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> >
> > > On Windows, you write a batch file that converts the file's contents
> > > into a list of file names, then invokes Emacs with that list of file
> > > names.
> >
> > It's not very practical...
>
> Why not? you need to write the batch file only once.

> > > What do you mean by "mismatch with HOME directory"?
> >
> > For MSYS2 the HOME is /home/USER (C:\msys2inst\home\USER) for Emacs the
> > HOME is in APPDATA\Roaming, or not?
>
> No, not if you define HOME in the environment.  Then Emacs will follow
> it no matter how you invoke it.
>
> > In any case I found this discussion:
> > https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43225925/windows-cmd-pass-output-of-one-command-as-parameter-to-another
> >
> > from which I deduced this command:
> >
> > for /F "usebackq delims=" %A in (`type list-of-buffers`) do
> > C:\\Emacs\bin\emacs.exe %A
> >
> > With it I have to close Emacs N times (it restarts automatically), where N
> > is the number of file listed. The thing is just _tedious - epsilon_..
>
> Yes, there's a lot of garbage advice on the Internet.  Granted, that
> is not what I meant.  See "set /?" for one way of doing that.

Following this discussion:
https://superuser.com/questions/516999/passing-output-from-a-dos-command-as-arguments-to-another-command

the best I was able to do is this:

@echo off
Setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion
set fls=
for /f "delims=" %%A in ('type list-of-buffers') do set fls=!fls! %%A
C:\LocalApps\Emacs\bin\emacs.exe %fls%

Anyway, I think that the best thing is for Emacs to equip itself with this
feature...