Re: Should project delegate project-find-regexp?

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: Should project delegate project-find-regexp?
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 16:01:39 -0700

On 4/7/2022 7:30 AM, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
On 07.04.2022 14:48, Joel Reicher wrote:
It seems to me that, at least in the case of git, 'git grep' offers a superior implementation to anything offered by the generic implementation of project-find-regexp.

Last I checked, there was no way to make 'git grep' search in untracked files.

I use `git grep --no-index --exclude-standard', which lets you search in untracked files (and non-Git directories too!), but also respects `.gitignore'. I think that provides the most similarity to find+grep. Of course, there may be some problems with these flags that I haven't discovered yet...

- Jim