Re: master cb45fff0cb: Minor cleanups in X Windows drag-and-drop code

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: master cb45fff0cb: Minor cleanups in X Windows drag-and-drop code
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 21:38:34 +0800

> I realise that the DND stuff is still a work in progress, but is it
> supposed to work now on a typical Debian/Gnome Shell system?

Yes, I test on GNOME Shell, though that's with Fedora.

> I tried
>
> (setq mouse-drag-and-drop-region-cross-program t)
>
> and then marked some text, and wanted to drag it to a different program,
> but trying to drag it (with mouse-1) just marked some text.  Are there
> further things necessary?  If so, the Drag and Drop section in the
> manual should say how you do this.

You have to enable `mouse-drag-and-drop' too, I think the manual does
say this in the paragraph above the one where
`mouse-drag-and-drop-region' is explained.

But please suggest a better wording if that's confusing.  Also, please
report crashes, there are occasionally BadWindow errors which only occur
on GTK.

Thanks.