Re: master cb45fff0cb: Minor cleanups in X Windows drag-and-drop code

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: master cb45fff0cb: Minor cleanups in X Windows drag-and-drop code
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 16:19:08 +0200

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> You have to enable `mouse-drag-and-drop' too, I think the manual does
> say this in the paragraph above the one where
> `mouse-drag-and-drop-region' is explained.
>
> But please suggest a better wording if that's confusing.  Also, please
> report crashes, there are occasionally BadWindow errors which only occur
> on GTK.

Thanks, with

(setq mouse-drag-and-drop-region t
      mouse-drag-and-drop-region-cross-program t)

this does indeed work.  I think what's confusing about that node is that
the start of the node goes into details about dragging *to* Emacs (what
with dnd-indicate-insertion-point etc).  And then midway through the
node, it starts talking about dragging *from* Emacs.

Perhaps it should be split into two subsections -- one about dragging to
Emacs, and one about dragging from Emacs (after the first paragraph
which talks about dragging and dropping in general).