Completions and history

From: Ergus
Subject: Completions and history
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 13:29:01 +0200

Hi:

I am wondering if we have some feature to list the minibuffer history
vanilla for example in completions. In ivy there was C-r which switched
completions to the minibuffer-history; icycles had a similar feature;
and helm also had something; but in the default completion system there
is not such feature as far as I know.

Some commands like previous-line-or-history-element or the
un-docummented previous-complete-history-element do part of the work,
but there is no way to list the history and select which may be useful
for find-file or M-: to repeat previous actions. The information is
there...

I suppose that this has been discussed before... so is there a reason
why this has not been implemented? Should I open a feature request or is
someone already opened?

Best,
Ergus