Re: etags name collision.

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: etags name collision.
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 03:16:40 -0400

     > GREP had a similar issue some time ago
     > with egrep rgrep and similes; and they solved that adding command lines
     > to grep; why not to do the same?

   What does "adding command lines to grep" mean, concretely?
   It isn't clear to me.

I think what is being refered to is that the commands egrep/fgrep are
considered deprecated infavor of using "grep -E" and "grep -F"
directly.

GNU grep did not add those command line options to solve "similar
issue" though.  Why they added it is of a entierly different nature,
namley POSIX requires it and most Unix grep have it.