Re: Proposal: add a binding for `imenu' under M-g

From: chad
Subject: Re: Proposal: add a binding for `imenu' under M-g
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:03:54 -0400

From the imenu info node:
If you type ‘M-x imenu’, it reads the name of a definition using the
minibuffer, then moves point to that definition.[...]

From the goto-line/goto-char info entries (in Moving Point):
‘M-g g’
     Read a number N and move point to the beginning of line number N
     (‘goto-line’).[...]
‘M-g c’
     Read a number N and move point to buffer position N. [...]

The parallel seems pretty clear to me. I tried it out in Org and a couple elisp files, and it felt natural. What am I missing? (Honest question; I haven't used imenu much in practice.)

~Chad