Re: Windows 28.1 install/zip has el newer than elc for some files?

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Re: Windows 28.1 install/zip has el newer than elc for some files?
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 16:14:43 -0500

Hi Joel,

Thanks for reporting.   I'm not entirely sure what went wrong that
might have caused the warnings you mention in the message you
forwarded, below.

That said, I did have an outstanding to-do to rebuild the Windows
binaries using the source-tarball[1] -- the original set was created
using the emacs-28.1 tag.  I've now done this and uploaded replacement
versions.

Can you please try again using one of the replaced binaries[2] and
report back whether the problem still exists?  TIA

Kind regards,
Corwin

[1] sources: https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/emacs-28.1.tar.xz
[2] binaries: https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-28/