Re: Time resolution in Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Time resolution in Emacs
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 19:01:41 +0300

> Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 08:32:36 -0700
> Cc: corwin@bru.st, manikulin@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu>
>
> On 4/23/22 23:10, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> Let's drop the topic of timestamp resolution on MS-Windows. You say
> 15.625 ms resolution suffices on that platform and you're an MS-Windows
> expert where I am not, and that's good enough.

I was not talking about MS-Windows.  I'm saying that I see no reason
to do anything about timestamp resolution in Emacs _on_any_platform_.
We are okay as we are, on all platforms.

Now, if you want to argue for _any_ changes in this direction, on
_any_ of the supported platforms, please describe the changes you had
in mind and the rationale for each such change in a manner that is as
system-independent as possible.