Re: master 4a1f69ebca 2/2: Use (TICKS . HZ) for current-time etc.

From: Bozhidar Batsov
Subject: Re: master 4a1f69ebca 2/2: Use (TICKS . HZ) for current-time etc.
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 17:42:12 +0300

As Manuel mentioned - this broke CIDER (a package that I maintain), and I'm pretty sure it will break other packages as well. I find it weird to be doing breaking changes to
such old functions instead of introducing newer functions to serve in their place. It'd be easy for me to update CIDER to work with the old and the new version, but anyone running an older CIDER on a newer Emacs will be affected by this.

My suggestion would be to revert this until a less problematic solution is agreed upon.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022, at 1:38 PM, Po Lu wrote:
Manuel Uberti <manuel.uberti@inventati.org> writes:

> It sure breaks CIDER, for instance:
https://github.com/clojure-emacs/cider/issues/3183

It also breaks something on my system, but I can't find what.