Re: Unable to get .elpaignore to work [Was: Request to add tomelr packag

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Unable to get .elpaignore to work [Was: Request to add tomelr package to GNU ELPA]
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 11:06:49 -0400

On Wed, May 4, 2022 at 11:03 AM Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> > I looked at the dash package's .elpaignore and its archive downloaded
> > from GNU ELPA and I see the same problem there.
>
> Duh!  For some reason my `elpa-admin.el` code ignored the `.elpaignore`
> files when a `:ignored-files` property was given in the
> `elpa-packages` file.
> Sorry 'bout that, should be fixed now, and thanks for bringing it to
> my attention.

No problem, and thank you!

btw do I need to create a new release, or will the next GNU ELPA
update do the right thing?

Also, based on the docs, I think that GNU ELPA picks up the Version:
header right? (I wish it picked up git tags)

So right now, I need to make dummy commits to just bump up the
Version: header number, and I also git tag that for consistency with
my other git projects.