Re: Request to add tomelr package to GNU ELPA

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Request to add tomelr package to GNU ELPA
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 18:56:09 -0400

On Tue, May 3, 2022, 6:41 PM Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

Even better: you can do it yourself by adding a `.elpaignore` file which
contains just `test` in it.

Thanks. I'll do that.

[ Actually, I'd recommend you put `test` on one line and `COPYING` on
  the other since that's not needed in a tarball downloaded by Emacs
  which already comes with that COPYING file.  ]

I didn't understand the "COPYING" file reference. My repo doesn't have that file.

> Also.. not sure why the installation gave this failure?
>
> test/all-tests.el:26:1: Error: Cannot open load file: No such file or
> directory, tjson-utils

I guess it's because tomelr/test is not added to `load-path` (which
sounds like a good thing).

That makes sense. It was confusing because it gave an error only for the require of that one test file, and not the others.