Re: Request to add tomelr package to GNU ELPA

From: João Pedro
Subject: Re: Request to add tomelr package to GNU ELPA
Date: Tue, 03 May 2022 15:01:20 -0300

On 03 May 2022 12:45, Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I am using some of that to convert Org inserted date/time info to
> RFC 3339 in ox-hugo here:
> https://github.com/kaushalmodi/ox-hugo/blob/c24ea792484598ffd2f8e786fadb823d48c8ec12/ox-hugo.el#L1267-L1368
> .
> ox-hugo will then hand off that RFC 3339 formatted date/time to tomelr.
>
> As you can see, that code is quite involved and I am not sure that
> this library is the place for converting Emacs time to RFC 3339.
> (Also, I briefly looked for it.. but I couldn't find something
> analogous to timep that I can use to auto-convert that info to RFC
> 3339 that TOML needs.)

Oh, I see. I had assumed that you can already convert to RFC 3339 using
Emacs' built-in date and time functions. I guess it would be a matter of
introducing those to Emacs then via a patch, though I'm not sure how
exactly the code for converting time to a string works in regards to
different formats, and it doesn't seem like a simple format string would
do.

Thanks for the quick response!

Regards,

--
João Pedro de Amorim Paula
IT undergraduate at Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN)