Re: windows Emacs-version issue

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Re: windows Emacs-version issue
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 18:05:03 -0500

On Fri, May 6, 2022 at 4:24 PM Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> How the new name is generated doesn't matter too much, so just try and
> find something that won't bring up too many questions or confusion.
> I've often seen "-N"  being used for that, so it could be
> `emacs-28.1-2.zip` or `emacs-28.1-build2.zip`.

I'd object to adding numbers without explanation to the end of the
file names but I could live with adding a -buildNN suffix.  TBH, I
really don't see the point.  Each version of a release file is
properly described as "the given version of Emacs without any build
issues we know of that aren't open in Debbugs".  But I understand that
view may be myopic.  I could live with this.

Eli,
Do you agree with the proposal to rename Window binary releases as described?